When struggling, it is not uncommon for people to have difficult thoughts or feel hopeless. However, this is not the same as actually planning or taking steps to hurt yourself. We are not an emergency service so it is very important that you seek help from the right sources if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself.
If you feel that you are in crisis or need more urgent support, then please contact your GP or NHS Direct 111 Please note that there are other forms of support available:
- Valued Lives 01209 901438 (7 days a week 5pm-midnight)
- Samaritans 116 123 (free from mobile or landline)
- SANE 0845 767 800 (6pm – 11pm)
- Papyrus - for young adults 0800 068 4141
- Campaign against living miserably (CALM) for men – 0800 58 58 58
- Childline – 0800 111
If you are involved with the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) then please ask to speak with a member of the team you are involved with. The mental health teams include mental health nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Community Mental Health Team 0845 207 7711